Achilles is our approach to analytical consulting projects. The main objective of the methodology is to enable a comparison between the environment to be measured, such as a website, against currently accepted best practice. For some projects we undertake these standards and practices may be an ISO, EN or BSi standard. The outcome of the process is to create a point-in-time assessment and gap analysis that can be used to determine future planning, actions and decision making.
With Achilles taken from Greek mythology, the Achilles Methodology focusses in on both the strengths and weaknesses of strategy, current operational activity and implemented and planned technologies. Based on best practice principles, with the exception of potential interviews, it is completely non-invasive to day to day business activities. Consequently, an assessment conducted using the Achilles consulting methodology is completed quickly, with minimum disruption and completely cost effectively.
Applicable to almost any discipline, Dimension 85 has established strong Achilles-based solutions in the areas of:
Assessments are 100% bespoke to client requirements and so it is necessary to scope the requirement fully and define the programme and approach, thus enabling that each assessment can be conducted at a fixed price, ensuring budget and delivery expectations are correctly set.
An Achilles Assessment will deliver varied reports dependent on the discipline being assessed, but assessment will generally deliver:
- Point-in-time assessment of the target discipline.
- Gap analysis against the assessed best practice or recognised standard (if appropriate).
- Set of observations relating to the assessed discipline.
- Set of recommendations relating to the observations, where appropriate.
Benefits of Achilles Methodology
Regular independent assessment is an accepted best practice that contributes significantly to identifying cost savings and productivity enhancements for businesses. As it is vendor-independent it can also aid in the selection of vendor and supplier technology selection processes.
As a proven methodology Achilles benefits also include:
- Repeatable processes that can be passed on to your own personnel.
- Vendor-independent assessment ensures impartiality to any specific technology or vendor solution.
- Transfer of knowledge gained from the assessment and observation processes inherent within the methodology.
- Easy to conduct with minimal impact on business-as-usual operations.
- Completely scalable to meet the requirements of any size team, department, company or organisation.
- Low cost
- Establishes a baseline for future assessment activities.
Dimension 85 have established several services based on the Achilles methodology. If you would like to find out more then either give us a call on 033 33 44 11 25 or use our request a callback facility.